Hollywood's most expensive weddings - and our favorite things about them!
It’s no secret that Hollywood has its fair share of eccentrics and, naturally, a neverending list of fabulous celebrity wedding stories. Bottomless bottles of Cristal, private jet rides for all your guests, renting out a castle… you name it! So, on the eve of Kim and Kanye's allegedly $11 million wedding, let’s count down the top five favorite jaw-dropping weddings of Hollywood!
5. The wedding of Hollywood juggernauts Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes starts off our list in style. TomKat were married in an Italian castle in true fairytale style. Katie donned a custom-made Giorgio Armani lace gown, with Swarovski crystals and Valenciennes lace. Their Roman celebration went on for three days, with tons of celebrity guests (although the total list was a modest 150). Andrea Bocelli serenaded the couple during the reception, while guests downed more than 300 bottles of vintage wine and bubbly. Their total bill? An impressive $3.5 million!
4. When Liza Minelli and David Gest exchanged vows, they had one of the biggest casts of wedding guests ever! The bridal party alone included Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor. Did we mention they spent more than $4 million? The checklist included a 60-piece orchestra (yes, you heard us right), musical appearances by Stevie Wonder and Tony Bennett and a $700,000 floristry bill. Did we mention our favorite part? The boxes brimming with lavish gifts given to each guest! Wish we'd been there…
3. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills were wed in June of 2002 in a production that cost $4.2 million. They exchanged vows in a 17th-century chapel and celebrated at Castle Leslie in Ireland. Guests were treated to five-star vegetarian cuisine, A-list shoulder-rubbing (Ringo Starr flew in by private jet for the occasion) and copious amounts of bubbly! Oh, and let's not forget the yacht cruise that offered the perfect view of a personalized fireworks show. The only thing more expensive than the Mills-McCartney wedding? The couple's subsequent divorce, which cost the former Beatle a whopping $48.6 million.
2. Kim Kardashian's and Kris Humphries' short-lived wedding nears first place with a tab of just over $6 million! The couple spent more than $2 million on flowers, $400,000 on Champagne, $750,000 on food and $10,000 on invitations. The utterly amazing thing? Many of their vendors offered their services for free in exchange for publicity. In other words, they were free to spend their millions on only the finer things (like the venue: a massive estate in Montecito, California). But money can't be marital bliss: a mere 72 days later, the couple called it quits.
1. When Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel were wed, hearts broke around the world… But then we saw their fabulous wedding photos and were instantly on the mend. Their $6.5 million dollar, week-long celebration took place in southern Italy. They reserved an entire hotel for their guests, she wore an incredible pink Giambattista Valli gown, and JT even serenaded his new wife. Guess our invitation got lost in the mail?